The Jennifer Hunter Yates Sarcoma Foundation was created in loving memory of Jennifer Hunter Yates by her family, her friends, & members of the Medical Staff from Massachusetts General Hospital who treated her. Jen bravely fought two forms of Sarcoma, Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor & Osteosarcoma, for 17 months until sadly succumbing to these diseases on April 13th, 2004. For more on Jen’s fight please see the Jen’s Story Link.
Every Step Counts
- If you are one out of the 50,000 Americans currently battling sarcoma.
- If you are a sarcoma researcher, who because of sarcoma’s “orphan” cancer status, doesn’t receive anything in federal research funds.
- If you have a family member that’s just been diagnosed with sarcoma and you need to travel far from home for treatment.
- If you have a lump that is suddenly growing. Is it just a fatty growth? When you should you see a doctor?
- The Jennifer Hunter Yates Sarcoma Foundation Inc., (JHYSF) was created to meet the unmet needs of the sarcoma community in the New England area. Funds raised by this tax-exempt foundation will help meet the needs of sarcoma patients, families, and doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center . JHYSF knows that “Every Step” does count in the fight against this deadly form of cancer.
The Jennifer Hunter Yates Sarcoma Foundation is a non-profit charitable organization for people who want to aid in the quest to find a cure for this rare form of cancer and to help patients and their families while under going treatment for sarcoma at Massachusetts General Hospital.
Since sarcoma is so rare, research funding is insufficient. One of the goals of this foundation will be to support independent research funding for the treatment and cure for sarcoma research at Massachusetts General Hospital, one of the Country’s premier sarcoma centers.
Another issue with the rarity of Sarcoma is that it is isolating to patients and their families. Another goal of the foundation will be to provide information, education, and connections to patients and families.
The last goal of the foundation will be to provide financial support for families who have traveled far to be treated for sarcoma at Massachusetts General Hospital.
What is Sarcoma?
Sarcoma is a rare and devastating form of cancer that affects the connective tissue.
- There are around 36 different types of sarcoma that are difficult to diagnose.
- In the United States, approximately 8,000 people are diagnosed with sarcoma each year.
- 15 to 20% of all childhood cancers are sarcoma.
- At any one time, 50,000 people in the United States are fighting sarcoma.
Who is Jennifer Hunter Yates?
- Jennifer was a 32 year old life long resident of Hudson when she was diagnosed with two types of sarcoma in November 2002.
- Jennifer was a three sport athlete at Hudson High who graduated from Hudson High in 1988 and Bryant College in 1992.
- Jennifer fought this disease for 17 months with grace, courage, and humor.
- Jennifer died of sarcoma on April 13, 2004.
Aroniaberry.ca Anti-Cancer Aronia Berry
Sakit.info Health Reference Philippines